Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Glammed Up Camp Stool

I'm sure you've all come across camp stools in your vintage shopping travels.   I always purchase them and update them with fabric.  I've covered them in a black and white awning stripe fabric as well as in a P. Kaufmann leopard print.  I had a matching pair of these leopard camp stools.  They ended up at the foot of a bed in a girly bedroom.

ONE OF A PAIR OF "LEOPARD" CAMP STOOLS
If you've been following along you know that I'm on a faux fur kick,
 so my next camp stool is very furry and fun. 

FAUX FUR CAMP STOOL

Whenever I re-cover a camp stool, I first remove the original canvas seat and save it for a pattern.  I always line the fabric to give it more strength.   You can see that I used some solid white canvas duck as a liner for the faux fur.

UNDERSIDE WITH COTTON DUCK LINING

I attached the seat to the base using my staple gun.   Since I already had some rhinestone upholstery tacks, I decided to glam up the camp stool even more with the tacks.

RHINESTONE UPHOLSTERY TACKS FOR SOME GLAM.

Keep your eye out for some camp stools.  They're  extra seating, a place to sit and put on your shoes, or add a tray and they become a side table.

No comments:

Post a Comment