Monday, September 15, 2014

September at Sweet Clover

I can't believe that the summer's over.  Why does it go so much faster than the winter?
Anyway,  the third weekend of the month is almost here again and I spent most of the day setting my space. 
 I have to say that a lot of the time was taken up with dusting, sweeping, and the best thing ever---
my sweet husband scrubbed and scraped the crud off the barn windows in my space.  
I can't believe the difference in the amount of light coming into my little stall. 
 Hmm, should have done that sooner.

Okay, now for a peek at what I'll have for this sale. Again, my mix of new with vintage.
 I have to say that I can't explain it, but I'm still trending farm animals. 
 I guess that's the way to go in a barn on a farm.


The much sought after goat giclee is back in stock.  I also have some really wonderful metal arrows.  
They're a perfect way to add interest in a gallery wall display.




Goat was so popular, that there now is a mini version of him and also a giclee of his friend.

Another Goat
The mini farm animals are very popular too.  They look great on a shelf or in a grouping.
Not everyone has space for a large goat or cow. 
 These fix the gotta have it craving.

Mini Animal Prints
I've sprinkled the animals all around my booth.  
These guys are resting on some folding benches.
The guy on the right is a silk screened pillow.


This cow's three feet tall!!!!!!


An old metal trunk is bursting with more of the very popular silk-screened pillows.
Check out the new designs.
The trunk is metal with a unique mottled finish. 
 It would make a perfect coffee table or could hold blankets at the foot of the bed.


This other trunk is just like I like 'em--crusty, rusty, chippy.


This canvas and leather ottoman is perfect extra seating,
 or with a tray could become a small table.


Now that school has started-YEA--the map says back to class.  It's behind a desk.  
I used a vanity bench with a burlap seat and nail head trim as a riser.
In the foreground is a tiered bentwood cart on a woven dresser.
Resin antlers and faux tortoise shells on pedestals are hiding under the cloche.


I rolled up some map pages from an old Atlas and tucked them into an urn.
There's a vintage history book underneath.


I displayed some vintage math and reading text books at the base of the globe.


One of my favorite chair styles is this x-back chair.  I have three.
Check out her fringe.


If you need a twin bed for a guest room or for one of your kids, 
this caned-back beauty is for you. 
 I have the rails and also a matching night stand and a custom vintage fabric spread too.
The mirror was actually a clock in a previous life.
The clock face went missing and a mirror fills the gap.


Last but not least, a demi-john.  I've already started a wine cork collection for you.
The mini deer skull with antlers is resin.



Can't wait to see you again.  I'm working Friday but will probably stop by Saturday too.

Kathy



4051 Stanford Ct
Frederick, MD 21703

Sept. 19,  20,  21 

10-5 daily

If you'd like to see what the other vendors have found for you,
 you can view the September album on the Sweet Clover site.
 (Just click on this highlighted word Sweet Clover and the link will take you there.)


No comments:

Post a Comment