Thursday, October 31, 2013

Vintage Finds at Sweet Clover Barn

Yes, I know that today is Halloween, but we in the vintage market are ready for Christmas.  In fact, tomorrow is our Holiday Open House at  Sweet Clover Barn.

I just got back from the barn and wanted to share what I'll have for sale.

I'm always looking for pieces with drawers or cubbies.
This card catalog from a Baltimore, MD school library fit the bill.



If you follow along you know another of my favorite finds is Campaign furniture.  Not only did I find a piece, but it was already red and perfect for the holiday season.



It's hard to let go of this vintage green drum table with a copper top.




I have several trees in my space.  Besides traditional ornaments I repurposed:

A hunting license badge holder now holds  vintage Christmas greeting cards.

Copper and enamel stencils became ornaments when a ribbon was added.

Clips for bills now hold Christmas post cards.

Men's vintage collars curl around the branches.

Door knob back plates can be ornaments too.

I also copied antique clock faces and mounted the faces to card stock and added a ribbon.

Old thermometers can hang on trees too.











On a recent shopping trip I found some spools of cord.  My rosemary topiary fit perfectly inside the tube of the green cord spool.  I topped the other with an ornament.  Behind the spools is a wrapping paper holder.



I also have some vintage items that make great gifts or stocking stuffers.  There's a drafting table too.
 Perfect for more table space at your holiday gatherings.



There's the third spool of cord.  I added a vintage scissors to this one.




Need a hostess gift:?  This drawer from a file cabinet can hold a wine bottle.  The small leather books are mini versions of classics.





I also have normal ornaments.





I attached some deer ornaments to an old metal locker with magnets.



It's hard to see, but I hung mini crystal chandelier ornaments from a suspended mattress spring from a doll bed.



My Santos angel wears a boxwood necklace.  Behind her is a green tin roof section with some greenery.
It's magnetic too.



A vintage green bottle holds some silver branches, the Infant of Prague planter is the perfect red, and vintage glasses in a tote for your next party.



I hope you'll come see us.

Kathy
(I'm scheduled to be there tomorrow, the first.)

Nov. 1,2,3  10-5
4051 Stanford Court
Frederick, MD


Please visit Sweet Clover's Facebook page to see more photos of what the other vendors have for sale.

https://www.facebook.com/SweetCloverBarn

It's hard to find with GPS but we're just off Rt 15.  For EXACT directions and more info about our vintage venue go to their website.

http://www.sweetcloverbarn.com/



SEE WHAT I'LL HAVE AT THE NOV 15-17 SALE HERE.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're back at the barn. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow morning.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I'd be drawn to your space like a moth to a flame and probably snapping photos of all your wonderful vignettes. Everything looks wonderful and I know you'll sell lots! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the coolest items! If I lived close, I would definitely be one of your best customers! I love the red campaign chest. Since I started reading your blog, I've really become interested in campaign furniture. It's not something you see in Dallas.

    ReplyDelete