Saturday, October 19, 2013

Fall in The Field Behind My Home

I've talked about the field in my backyard before.  It's a source of foxes, squirrels, chipmunks, bunnies, deer, mice, and my recent visitor on my front porch, a big black snake(s).  Mixed in with all the wildlife are also some volunteer blooms.  I thought these bursting milk weed pods put all the flowers in my garden to shame.  The lighting was perfect and so were the pods.   

Enjoy my volunteers from nature.

















Some bugs even took up residence in the field.  The bugs seem all decked out for Halloween.









So, what beauty has nature provided for you this Fall?




Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Love your photos of milkweed pods. I just picked some today that hadn't burst yet to show my students. I think they are such works of art how all those little seed parachutes are layered in there so beautifully. We'll have a "milkweed blizzard" in our classroom on Monday. (And the custodian will not be too happy about vacuuming up all those white parachutes!) It's hard to beat the beauty of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen those orange bugs in our fields......they look like Halloween. Fun post Kathy! xo

    ReplyDelete