Friday, May 31, 2013

Shabby Stools

I recently found these fabulous shabby stools.  Such great rustiness and chippiness.  I was going to leave them as they were, but I thought the seats deserved a face lift.  I couldn't remove the stains on one of them and decided that one of the stains was a cigarette burn.  The other had some rips.




It was really easy to remove the seats from the stools.  They were held on with only four screws.  I removed the vinyl fabric and added new padding.  I've already done a post about how to recover a simple seat cushion.  Go here for complete instructions if you missed the post.


The first stool is on wheels and the height of the seat is adjustable.   I chose a blue geometric fabric and finished off the edge with cording  Here it is assembled.


Adjustable Vintage Stool with New Seat

Here's a closer look at the fabric.


Vintage Stool with Geometric Fabric


I repeated the process with the tall chippy stool.


Vintage Stool with New Seat



I used one of my favorite fabrics.  It's Robert Allen for Dwell Studios.   
  I love the bird and the color.


Chippy Vintage Stool with Chinoiserie Fabric

I'm really happy with the face lift.  Have you updated something lately?

Kathy


They'll be for sale at the Vintage Marketplace at Glenwood.




No comments:

Post a Comment