Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Rain Boots Addiction

I have been accumulating--you know me and accumulating(hoarding)--quite a few rain boots.  They're so much more stylish than the ones my Mom and her sisters wore.  I so remember them pulling out these plastic boots and slipping them over their shoes on rainy days.

Vintage Rain Boots

And, speaking of rain gear, what purse was complete without a folding plastic rain hat?

We've come a long way.

 Now, on to my collection.  My first rain boot purchase was this pair with a leopard pattern.  They have been serving me well for several years.  Not only are they much more stylish, but they also keep my feet warm and dry.  I obviously use them on rainy days, but they're my go to foot gear when I'm tromping around a dew-covered field at dawn at a flea market.  They keep me dry while I'm on the hunt for first dibs on vintage finds.


This next pair you may say was an impulse purchase.  They so reminded me of something that
Piero Fornasetti would create. They had to come home with me.  I took this when my garden looked much better than it does now. 


To see the entire post about Fornasetti and his fabulous designs go here.


I was about to buy these Hunter boots too.



But before I could buy them I came across these Michael Kors beauties that reminded me so much of a pair of creamy leather Frye boots that I so regret giving away.


I couldn't pass up these leopard boot socks for when the weather cools.


And just when I thought I was very satisfied with my boot stash, I came across these vintage boots.
I know they're not rain boots, but boy are they soft leather and just my size.  Sometimes it's a good thing to have boat feet.


Ostrich leather.  Yumm.


Lucchese baby!!!!




Yes, I admit I'm addicted to boots.  Are you too?
Should I buy the Hunter boots?

Kathy



2 comments:

  1. Such a cute post Kathy. Love all your boots! I have one pair I use just for the farm auctions I attend out here. So many times it's muddy and damp and they are perfect....Target buys. :) I have a pink print pair I wear to and from the chicken coop and to garden in and a tall pair I bought just because they are so darn cute. I fund the cutest pair of zebra print children's rain boots at a yard sale that I have had on the front porch for years just for decoration. They are so faded now but have lots of charm. Hope all is well and you are having a great week xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a pair of rain boots, and I can see that I need to correct that situation. '-)
    You've got some pretty boots in your wardrobe. One of my longtime dear friends was married to a Lucchese of boot fame.
    Good looking boots!

    ReplyDelete