Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Wooden Dough Bowl From Belgium

On another of my shopping trips--isn't it great to have a valid excuse to go out and shop?----I found some huge dough bowls from Belgium.  I bought one for myself and one to sell. It's almost three feet long.



I wanted to use mine on the dining room table.  I filled it with some of my favorite orbs and added some deer antlers.  But, I needed something else in the mix.  Hmmm.  Luckily I have become a good e-friend with one of my readers.  We seem to like so many of the same things.  She shared an image of a basket filled with books, faux antlers, and her turtle shells*.   Thanks to my lovely reader/friend, I was inspired to add some more natural elements to my bowl.

Reader's Nature-Inspired Vignette
I added some seashells, a starfish, and some turtle shells* to my orbs and antlers.


Below find some close ups of the contents.









Thanks to the inspiration from my e-friend I think that the dough bowl has just the right mix.  What do you think?  Do you like to use nature in your decor?

*Just wanted you to know that these turtles weren't trapped for their shells.

I want to remind everyone that I have a Giveaway going on.
Please enter here to win a set of my books covered with a clock face. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment