Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Quick Before and After for Fall


Just wanted to share the latest change-up for Fall in the family room.
BEFORE

 (To see the entire post of how I created over-sized art with vintage architectural prints, go here.)


AFTER

I only kept the slip cover and sconces.  I layered some chevron fabric over the slipcover, and added some Fall decor to the mantel.

 
  To the left of the mantel, I added a framed 18th C. French architectural reference print.

18th C. French Print




Below the mantel, I left one of the slipper chairs, but I added an orange Trina Turk fabric on a pillow for a pop of color.  The paisley behind it is a table runner.   An antique green garden stool is a side table, topped with some Chaucer books with decorative covers and one of my turtle shells.



The vintage x bench displays my "antler arrangement".  


To the right of the mantel is my latest cabinet with a lamp, interior design books, and a mid-century modern horse head.






CHANGE IS FUN


Kathy


4 comments:

  1. Kathy, Everything is beautiful and I love the new mantel display. The chevron fabric is wonderful.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all for change, especially when it's so fabulous! The chevron and trina turk fabrics are so gorgeous...and love your latest cabinet, too (c:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Change is certainly fun! I love the changes you made for fall. The chevron fabric and the Trina Turk fabric add a nice pop of color and pattern to the room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How different a change makes things look so different. You don't run out of ideas!

    Love all that you do and enjoy your blog

    ReplyDelete