Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Looking for a Cloche Alternative?

Recently, I posted about ways to display your treasures under glass.




Surprise!
Do you believe I have an alternate suggestion? 

Instead of a cloche try a large jar with a lid.

Home Goods Animal Print Jar

I simply filled the jar with faux lemons and limes and placed it on a pedestal.

Dining Room Vignette

Apothecary jars work too.  Fill them with treasures.

Vintage Apothecary Jars With Books and Framed Bookplate

Old laboratory bottles can also be used as containers.
 A Lab Jar with Sea Life

I combined the bottle and jars and updated my sun room mantel.


Sea Life Mantel Scape


Remember the lantern on the screened porch?
Why would I ever put a candle in a lantern?

Lantern Display

  I used a coral fan as a backdrop and antique books as risers for my iron bird.

A Peek Inside the Lantern

What have you used to display your treasures?
Please share.
Kathy





No comments:

Post a Comment