Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Orange Tree

Several years ago we had what the family calls The Orange Tree.  Usually I do a different tree each year, but this one is back by special request.  I couldn't help tweaking it though, you know me.  I added some chartreuse to it, so technically, it's the orange/chartreuse tree.
 We put the lights on and I intertwined some wide chartreuse ribbon.  It looked so pretty like this, we almost stopped decorating, but decided to add the ornaments and see which we liked better.


I also placed some wrapped gifts under the tree. Look closely at the image below and you'll see that my tree skirt is a vintage fur stole.  I always like to make my tree skirt something different.  Sometimes I use fabric, other times I drape vintage tablecloths or velvet. One of my favorite skirts ever was
a silver-sequined jacket folded around the base.



We decided that we liked the tree with ornaments.   I used pendant ornaments from West Elm, sequined ones from Michaels, and some covered in tiny discs from Old Navy.  For the chartreuse addition, I used glass pear-shaped ornaments and filled in with glittery ferns.
It's hard to see them on the tree.  Here's a close-up.

The final result:


Ready to try something different next year?
Have a wonderful holiday.

Kathy







2 comments:

  1. Christmas Blessings to you and your family, From my mountain to yours Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a gorgeous tree! Warm greetings and a happy Christmas to you and your family! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete