Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Holiday Decorating Checklist

Yes, we're coming down to the wire.  I've been working my way around the house.

Outside Decorating--DONE
Mantels----DONE
Tree---NOT QUITE DONE
Foyer--JUST COMPLETED


Take a look.  It must be an animal print Christmas.
A fabric remnant covers the table.  I  filled the jars with Martha Stewart copper glass ornaments, then stuck in some feathers and glass garland.  The wall sconce and the monk heads were already there, I just added magnolia and then let a copper ribbon unwind and fall wherever, encircling the items.  For some height, I put one of the apothecary jars on an old leather book.  Books make wonderful risers.
Last, I sprinkled some glittery acorn ornaments around. 

More magnolia on the railing, held in  place with ribbon, and then another coppery-beaded garland woven through it all. 

Here are more detailed images.







 How's your decorating going?

 Kathy











Thanks for stopping by and please consider following me on the right side bar.
 I do appreciate your visit!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment